Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Countdown to Graduation

Hello everyone and welcome back to BCB. Just a few administrative announcements, we are currently now in week four of the spring semester. Registration has now begun for the Summer semester. Please register early in order to be able to get the classes you want as well as give you enough time to clear for the Summer semester. Graduation is this week and i want to take this time out to say Congratulations to the class of 2010. The journey has finally come to an end for many of us and either we will continue on or enter our respective fields. So I tip my cap and look forward to seeing all of you on Friday.

As many of you know despite the fact that i am walking on Friday i am still in my final semester at Berkeley. One of the classes i am taking this semester is Poetry and so far it has been pretty easy going. This past week we read a sonnet written by Shakespeare. It focused on the true meaning of love and how true love can endure anything. It got me thinking a lot about my life and my marriage to my wife. I am happy to say that i celebrated my 3 year anniversary last week I have been with my wife for almost 6 years. I still can remember when we were dating and i asked her to marry me. She said yes but had all these concerns and always focused on her weaknesses instead of her strengths. I told her that all her weaknesses are my strengths and all her strengths are my weaknesses. I told her that together we can work to strengthen those weaknesses, i told her that 6 years ago.

Last night we were talking about a conversation she had with a friend of hers earlier in the day. The friend was astounded how mature my wife had become and how her thoughts and ideas were so much well structured. Needless to say that was one of the weaknesses she thought she had. I always knew she was intelligent, trust me i wouldn't have married her if i didn't think she was. I also knew that given the right encouragement she could tap into what she thought was a weakness. It has been a long battle but i am seeing it pay off. The way she is able to educate the kids all the way through our conversations, she has become more and more sophisticated. The difference now is that other people are noticing it. This is where true love is shown in the fact despite her negative view of herself i only saw the positives. She still has work to do but then again so do i. Anyway that is all for now, i will see you guys later on this week as i recap graduation.

No comments: